Monday 19 May 2014

Busy busy busy

Well my weekly market has started up again on a Friday and the studio/shop is now open mostly every day and there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the week (I so meant to make sure I had loads of stock for this year, but folks will keep buying and so no matter how much you think you have it soon goes!  Then of course there are commissions!!!!!  Not complaining but....).

Summer is comming, heard a cuckoo for the first time ever (well I might have heard one as a child but that was a while ago).  My mother, who was brought up in rural oxfordshire in the 1920's and 30's used to sing me this song as a child

The Cuckoo is a pretty bird
She singeth as she flys
She bringeth us good tidings
She telleth us no lies
She sips the sweetest flowers
To keep her song voice sweet
And when she flies she sings
cuckoo, cuckoo


I think there are probably many versions of this song, but I love this one as it was my mummy's :)

In the garden we have dug the 3 beds over (ok the edges need attention but there are limits on what one can do!).  We now have in.... runner beans, french beans, peas, carrots, potatoes, swede, garlic, shallots, sweet corn, spring onions (scallion I think in some countries) and lettuce.  In the greenhouse we have cucumber, chillies, lettuces and tomatoes.  We also have grapes, apples, pears...... and so on!  I really will do a post about this garden one day with pictures!

Work wise here are some photos of some new ideas I have been working on.





No comments: