Sunday 8 February 2009

Postscript to the winter wonderland posts

On Wednesday evening the clouds cleared and we could see Dartmoor again, covered in white, it reminded me of Scotland. We had a wonderful sunset too and as the sun went down Dartmoor changed from white to pink - absolutely beautiful, sadly I don't have a zoom lens strong enough on my digital camera to be able to capture this. I did take some piccies with my old SLR and when I get them developed and put on disk I will try to post some of these.

We also had a 3/4 moon on Wednesday night and clear(ish) skies. Even though it was night it was so bright outside even at 10pm with the big bright moon shinning on the bright white snow, very magical.

Sadly today although it is still cold and there is still some snow lying it is raining and is due to rain for the rest of the day. As the temp is still below 2 degrees I am hoping that as the day wears on and the temp starts to fall again the rain will turn to snow. Quite what the rest of the week holds for us down here with snow it is difficult to tell, the forecasts on the various weather sites I look at seem to all say something different. I have to go to South Cornwall on Wednesday morning (about 2 hours journey), whether I can go or not is in the hands of the skies.

No comments: