Tuesday 10 February 2009

Wild nights

Well that was a wild one, it was forecast though, which makes a change. Very very very wet yesterday and the two main rivers round here (the Torridge and the Waldron) had both burst their banks big time (the roads were just passable). About 8pm it turned to snow but by the time I went to bed (early last night) it had turned back to rain and it was blowing a hooley!

We heard that the area where we used to live has been hit badly with floods, sounds worse than I can ever remember (haven't asked M yet), and I lived there for 20 odd years.

Looks like this week will be a quiet one for weather (although just seen a report on the met office which says sleet tonight now?). Not too quiet for work as off to South Cornwall and Plymouth on Thursday, will have to cross Bodmin and come back along the edge of Dartmoor so I hope there is no more (moor!!) wild weather on Thursday.

At least the hens are happy now

3 comments:

A Green and Rosie Life said...

We've not had the snow here in France but we had the wind - it dislodged a tile, which just missed the car, and knocked some masonary off the Old Bakery. Depening on which forecast you believe we may get heavy, light or no snow on Friday .... but I'll go shopping tomorrow just in case the former is right.

Rosie x

A Green and Rosie Life said...

I think I need a typing course ..... masonry, depending!!!!!

Rosie x

Pattypan said...

Lotti you seem to have had an awful lot of snow. Glad the hens are settling in and I love your photographs and reading your blog

Have left an award for you on my blog. |Keep up the good work