Friday 17 April 2009

Summer has come

Saw my first Swallow today sitting, looking rather lonely and chirping like crazy on one of the electricity cables between the barns. I think he got here first and was waiting for his friends. M said later that he had seen several of them 'playing' together. I love them, they always make you feel happy because they look so happy. I bet they were so excited at having made their journey and meeting up again.

Actually M did say that he thought he had seen one a few weeks ago but we never saw it again so maybe it wasn't. They are definitely here now.

1 comment:

Pattypan said...

I am hoping so - the blossom is all out where I live in Peterborough. However down in Devon/Cornwall you usually a couple of degrees warmer than here. (I am afraid I notice as the arthritis plays up - much better for me down where you are!) Nice to see seasonal treats like the swallows. I like to watch them darting hither and thither. Its also nice to put a face to the name.

Take care

xx