Saturday 19 February 2011

Spring is on the way?

Heard the yellow hammer for the first time in months this morning.  Just love this bird, it was one of the first songs I recognised when we came to view this house and is so evocative of my childhood, for some reason it's song makes me feel better!

Not entirely convinced we are out of the wood yet in terms of any more snow...don't count your chickens, or in this case your yellow hammers, last Feb and March were snowy so anything could happen yet!

Edited to say that on Saturday we had a bit of a stroll along the cliff above Widemouth Bay and I swear I heard a Lark!  Must have been lost as it has gone back to being horrible cold and wet today! 

2 comments:

Di said...

Yeah, but there are enough buds in the garden - plus blooming daffs and crocuses - that we know the light is on at the end of the tunnel. (Please let it not be a bloody train!)

Lotti said...

Actually I don't think Spring is on the way, blooming cold and wet AGAIN - wail! :(