Saturday 13 June 2009

End of another week

Its been so quiet here now they have finished silaging, we almost miss the rumbling tractors, but it is nice to have the cattle roaming round all the fields now. M has been brave and has been for a walk round the fields with the cattle. They can tend to be a bit friendly so we have been nervous of doing this before but he wandered around slowly and they were well behaved, although at one point he could hear a rumble of hooves behind him so was a bit worried he was about to be stampeded!

The foxgloves are coming out now and are absolutely breathtaking, photos to follow.

Been a busy week for both of us with lots of work, which is good, but after a 12 hour day on Thursday I just might have to get our new very cost effective sun loungers out and examine the inside of my eyelids in the garden (after planting out the sweetcorn and more peas as they just don't seem to want to grow). We also had a nice visit from my big sister and her husband last week which was lovely.

The excitement for next week is that I have to go 'up country' (as they say down here) for a meeting north of London tomorrow. Having got used to the peace and quiet here the thought of going back east is a bit daunting. I always used to drive, but really cannot face doing 10 hours driving over 2 days for a meeting lasting 5 hours, so... I am going to try out our wonderful public transport system. Train tickets are booked and it should be fine except for the little bit in the middle which involves the underground, I was never good at this even when I lived in London as a student, I always get on the wrong train going on the wrong line or going in the wrong direction! Hopefully I will get back in one piece to write another day.

No comments: