Sunday 7 June 2009

Wet Saturday adventures

Well the boys are back! After the silaging had finished W came and let the boys into the field next to the house (there isn't much grass but he did leave some for them and they are making short (!!!!) work of it. It's lovely to have them back again, they have freaked out the chickens but I don't think the cats have noticed them yet - in bed all day yesterday with the weather. The boys seem pleased to see us too, I got quiet an audience when I started to sing to them and one of them seemed rather interested in my glass of wine! The only downside to them being here will be the flies when the weather warms up again, but all part of country living.

Other excitements yesterday - what to do when it is raining so hard, is that I made some more 'hob nobs' and this time with chocolate on top! Dark chocolate ones and milk chocolate ones, next time I will do some white chocolate and try to do double chocolate coverings! They didn't spread out as much as the last two times I made them, so are much smaller in diameter but they are thicker, think there was less fluid (was all measured out of course, but something must have been different - unless I got it wrong previously). Still very nice though and so so so easy to make.

1 comment:

Wildheartmuse said...

Ok Lotti, hand over that recipe and no one gets hurt! I would love to surprise Shari with a batch! We miss HobNobs!!!!!!!!